Peels are a great intensive yet non-aggressive modality in your treatment plan to fast-track results, encouraging rejuvenation in the deeper levels of the skin with minimal downtime.
Before beginning treatment, we first complete a complementary and detailed skin consultation where we can recommend a suitable course of peels, reinforced with a thorough home care regime to achieve the best results. Our peels utilise alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids and vitamin A in differing levels or strengths. We take care to introduce these ingredients slowly, building your skins over-all health and strength without causing any trauma.
Benefits of our peels can include intense hydration and plumping, increased cell turn-over, stimulation of collagen and elastin, normalisation of your sebaceous glands, improvement of pigmentation, reduction of fine lines and wrinkles or textures and pores.
A course of peels can be incredibly useful, and is recommended for the treatment of acne. Book in a complimentary consultation if you are unsure what the best treatment is for you.
When you purchase any three peels, your receive 15% off! Simply hit the 'BOOK NOW' button above, then select 'PROMOTIONS' and 'PEEL SEASON' and the package is yours.
Chose a time and date to book in your first peel. During this appointment we will complete a complimentary consultation (new facial clients) and develop and PEEL PLAN to ensure you get the best results. Don't know what you need? Leave it up to me.
At this appointment we will also book in your other peels.
Price varies depending on peels chosen
(45 minutes) $125-160
Clinical cleanse | Peel preparation | Custom peel | Serums | Hydrating mist | SPF.
Preparation & home care
To ensure optimal results from your professional treatments, we will recommend a personalised home care regime based on your concerns and skin condition.
The purpose of these products will be to prepare your skin for these intensive facial treatments, ensuring you have a strong barrier and your cells are functioning adequately. This includes inhibiting excess pigment or sebum production, allowing your skin to respond to these treatments in a more effective manner.
These products could include:
- Vitamin A - Aspect Retinol Brulee, Cosmedix Define, Cosmedix Refine, Cosmedix Refine plus or Cosmedix Serum 16
- Tyrosinase/pigment inhibitor - Aspect Pigment Punch Plus or Cosmedix Simply Brilliant
- Good basic regime including cleanser, exfoliant, moisturiser and sun screen from either Aspect or Cosmedix
Who can’t recieve peels?
Some conditions may be complete contra-indications for peels (we can instead explore facials in your treatment plan to strengthen and nourish your skin). Complete contra-indications can include:
Auto immune disease that effect photo sensitivity or skin health
Photo-sensitising medications and roaacutane
Active infections - herpes, staph, boils, fungal etc. These must be completely under control before any treatment
History of serious keloid scarring
Be sure to follow the below after care instructions to ensure optimal results. No activities that will induce heat and vaso-dialation of your capillaries for at least the first 24 hours (including):
- Hot showers or baths
- Use of hot oven/baking
- Sitting in front of hot air con/fire place
- Direct sun exposure
- Alcohol consumption
- No makeup is to be applied until 12 hours after treatment, mineral makeup is best
After care to continue from 24 hours on wards:
- Sunscreen MUST BE WORN at all times
- DO NOT pick the skin
- Follow the home care regime that has been prescribed to your by your skin therapist. This will boost the results of your treatment
- You may experience a slightly drier skin post treatment, you may begin gently exfoliating after your professional advises so
- Avoid treatments such as facial waxing, strong AHA/BHA or retinol, microdermabrasion, botox and fillers for 2 weeks post treatment
- Avoid IPL and laser for 4 weeks post treatment
- If you have any concerns post treatment, contact your therapist immediately
At Silk Space we offer an array of add-on treatments that vary from effective electrical equipment, to highly active products. When booking in for a stand-alone Peel, Dermaplaning or Medi-Facial, it is recommended you book with add-on treatments to target your specific concerns and optimise results. Both of our Bespoke facial options have signature processes that are included in every facial, as well as a combination of complementary add-ons that are chosen on the day to treat your concerns. Available add-on treatments include:
Ultrasonic infusions or extractions
Rejuvenating peptide gel mask
Hot stone or aromatherapy massage
Click HERE for more information and prices for these add-ons.