SkinPen Microneedling (also known as dermal needling or collagen induction therapy/CIT) is a powerful remodelling treatment that improves the appearance of:
Fine lines and wrinkles
Our medical grade, FDA and TGA registered SkinPen device creates micro-injuries in the dermis of the skin to produce a wound-healing response that stimulates collagen synthesis.
When treating more severe skin concerns, we recommend a package of 3-6 treatments initially, spaced 4-6 weeks apart for optimal results. You will begin to see minimal results immediately afterwards, but your skin will continue to remodel over a 3-6 month period until final results are achieved. After this time we can re-assess your skin and continue another package or begin maintenance sessions every 6-12 months. *If you would like to purchase a package, please contact us directly.
Follow up Facial
During each session you are provided with a take home kit containing products and aftercare instructions for the initial days post treatment. A 30 minute follow up facial is included in the cost of your microneedling. This facial focuses on enhancing the cell renewal process, restructuring the hydrolipidic film and increasing the skin’s moisture levels through infusion with our Rejuvenating Peptide Mask and Dermalux LED. When you book in your microneedling session, we will contact you to book this in.
SkinPen Microneedling $399
+ add-on neck $105
+ add-on décolletage $105
+ add-on hands $105
3 x SkinPen Microneedling package $1070
6 x SkinPen Microneedling package $2030
Clinical cleanse | Skin prep solutions | Micro-needling | SkinFuse lift serum | Take-home post needling kit
Follow up facial
(7-14 days post treatment | 30 mins)
Clinical cleanse | Skin prep solutions | Rejuventating Peptide Gel Mask + Dermalux LED + arm massage | Serums | SPF
How does collagen induction therapy really work?
The needles from our SkinPen create micro-injuries in the dermis of the skin that induces a wound healing response.
- Phase I: Inflammatory. The tissue injury stimulates the immune system to send cells that remove cellular debris and cleanse the wound while growth factors are released to initate new tissue production. This phase lasts between 1-7 days.
- Phase II: Proliferation. Cells (fibroblasts and keratinocytes) multiply to produce collagen, elastin and form new granulation cells. This phase lasts between 3-14 days.
- Phase III: Remodelling. The wound (and once damaged tissue i.e. scar) is repaired with new tissues. This phase lasts between 1-2 weeks to 2 years.
PREPARATION & HOME CARE
To ensure optimal results from your professional treatments, we will recommend a personalised home care regime based on your concerns and skin condition.
The purpose of these products will be to prepare your skin for these intensive facial treatments, ensuring you have a strong barrier and your cells are functioning adequately. This includes inhibiting excess pigment or sebum production, allowing your skin to respond to these treatments in a more effective manner.
These products could include:
- Vitamin A - Aspect Retinol Brulee, Cosmedix Define, Cosmedix Refine, Cosmedix Refine plus or Cosmedix Serum 16
- Tyrosinase/pigment inhibitor - Aspect Pigment Punch Plus or Cosmedix Simply Brilliant
- Good basic regime including cleanser, exfoliant, moisturiser and sun screen from either Aspect or Cosmedix
Post treatment it is normal for the skin to appear slightly pink to red, similar to a sunburn. In the days following you may experience dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness and discomfort during the inital phases of wound healing. Be sure to follow the below after care instructions to ensure optimal results. No activities that will induce heat and vaso-dialation of your capillaries for at least the first 24 hours (including):
- Hot showers or baths
- Use of hot oven/baking
- Sitting in front of hot air con/fire place
- Direct sun exposure
- Alcohol consumption
- NOTHING is to be applied to the skin for the first 24 hours EXCEPT the SkinFuse Lift HG serum that is provided. This includes your other skin care products, suncare and makeup. SkinFuse Lift HG serum can be reapplied as often as needed in this first 24 hour period.
Between 24 hours and 72 hours post treatment, a hydroxy acid free cleanser must be used to cleanse the skin, followed by the SkinFuse Rescue calming complex (provided), and your usual moisturiser and sun care.
After care to continue from 72 hours on wards:
- Sunscreen MUST BE WORN at all times
- DO NOT pick the skin. This can increase the risk of infection, pigment changes and scarring
- Follow the home care regime that has been prescribed to your by your skin therapist. This will boost the results of your treatment
- Avoid application of exfoliating products containing AHAs, BHAs and retinol for 5-10 days post treatment
- Avoid treatments such as facial waxing, strong AHAs, BHAs or retinol, microdermabrasion, botox and fillers for 2 weeks post treatment
- Avoid IPL, laser, deep peels and other forms of needling for 4 weeks post treatment
- If you have any concerns post treatment, contact your therapist immediately
There are contra-indications that require a period of downtime before peels can commence. This can include:
Within 6-12 months
Roaccutane medication must have been completed 6-12 months ago
Cancer medication must have been completed at least 12 months ago. Doctor's approval is required to commence peels
Within 3-6 months
- Facial surgeries must have been completed at least 3-6 months ago. It is best to have your doctors approval before peeling
- Medical depth (surgical) needling must have been completed at least 3-6 months ago
- Fractional and ablative laser treatments must have been completed at least 3-6 months ago
Within 4 weeks prior
- IPL and laser facial treatments must have been completed 4 weeks ago. Peels can procede with caution on a case by case basis
Medium depth peels must have 4 weeks of healing before the next peel
No dermal fillers within 4 weeks
Within 2 weeks
No facial waxing, electrolysis, bleaching or depilatory procedures within 2 weeks
Light peels, microdermabrasion and epidermal levelling only with professional recommendation, peels can procede with caution
Within 1 week
No direct sun exposure (sun bathing), home-needling, hair bleaching or dyeing
Reduce at home exfoliation
- Discontinue use of topical vitamin A/retinol 1-2 days prior
Some conditions may be complete contra-indications for peels (we can instead explore facials in your treatment plan to strengthen and nourish your skin). Complete contra-indications can include:
Auto immune disease that effect photo sensitivity or skin health
Active infections - herpes, staph, boils, fungal etc. These must be completely under control before any treatment
History of serious keloid scarring
- Allergies to stainless