What are peels?
Peels are a great intensive yet non-aggressive modality in your treatment plan to fast-track results, encouraging rejuvenation in the deeper levels of the skin with minimal downtime.
Before beginning treatment, we first complete a detailed skin consultation where we can recommend a suitable course of peels, reinforced with a thorough home care regime to achieve the best results. Our peels utilise alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids and vitamin A in differing levels or strengths. We take care to introduce these ingredients slowly, building your skins over-all health and strength without causing any trauma.
Benefits of our peels can include intense hydration and plumping, increased cell turn-over, stimulation of collagen and elastin, normalisation of your sebaceous glands, improvement of pigmentation, reduction of fine lines and wrinkles or textures and pores.
A course of peels can be incredibly useful, and is recommended for the treatment of acne. Book in a consultation if you are unsure what the best treatment is for you.
(30 minutes) $150+ (Price varies depending on peels chosen )
Clinical cleanse | Peel preparation | Custom peel | Serums | Hydrating mist | SPF.
Purchase a 3 x Peel package & receive 10% off
Purchase a 6 x Peel package & receive 15% off
Chose a time and date to book in your first peel (if you are a new client you will also need to book our skin consultation and treatment plan service). During this appointment we will develop the most effective peel plan to ensure you get the best results.
At this appointment we will also book in your other peels.
Price varies depending on peels chosen
The Deep Sea Peel
Think a peel and microneedling had a baby... this non-acid peel utilises manual exfoliation with marine particles to resurface and rejuvenate the skin.
This intensive peel boasts incredible results for reducing hyperpigmentation, texture, scarring and sun damaged skin.
This treatment is not for the faint of heart (or sensitive skins) and you can expect a downtime of approximately one week. During this time you may experience redness, sensitivty, swelling and peeling before results can be seen.
Deep Sea Peel + Follow up LED $300
A package of three is recommended for ultimate results.
Book in a consultation or chat with one of our Skins Therapists to find out if this treatment is suitable for you.
Preparation and Homecare
To ensure optimal results from your professional treatments, we will recommend a personalised home care regime based on your concerns and skin condition.
The purpose of these products will be to prepare your skin for these intensive facial treatments, ensuring you have a strong barrier and your cells are functioning adequately. This includes inhibiting excess pigment or sebum production, allowing your skin to respond to these treatments in a more effective manner.
These products could include:
- Vitamin A - Cosmedix Define, Cosmedix Refine, Cosmedix Refine plus, Cosmedix Serum 16, Cosmedix Elite Refine RX, Cosmedix Elite X-Cell+, Cosmedix Elite Serum 24, Cosmedix Elite X-Age or Cosmeidx Elite Alt-A
- Tyrosinase/pigment inhibitor - Aspect Pigment Punch Plus, Cosmedix Simply Brilliant, Cosmedix Elite X-Cell + or Mesoestetic Cosmelan 2
- Good basic regime including cleanser, moisturiser and sun screen from our cosmeceutical brands
Who can't receive peels?
Some conditions may be complete contra-indications for peels (we can instead explore facials in your treatment plan to strengthen and nourish your skin). Complete contra-indications can include:
- Auto immune disease that effect photo sensitivity or skin health
- Photo-sensitising medications and roaacutane
- Active infections - herpes, staph, boils, fungal etc. These must be completely under control before any treatment
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- History of serious keloid scarring
Be sure to follow the below after care instructions to ensure optimal results. No activities that will induce heat and vaso-dialation of your capillaries for at least the first 24 hours (including):
- Hot showers or baths
- Use of hot oven/baking
- Sitting in front of hot air con/fire place
- Direct sun exposure
- Alcohol consumption
- No makeup is to be applied until 12 hours after treatment, mineral makeup is best
After care to continue from 24 hours on wards:
- Sunscreen MUST BE WORN at all times
- DO NOT pick the skin
- Follow the home care regime that has been prescribed to your by your skin therapist. This will boost the results of your treatment
- You may experience a slightly drier skin post treatment, you may begin gently exfoliating after your professional advises so
- Avoid treatments such as facial waxing, strong AHA/BHA or retinol, microdermabrasion, botox and fillers for 2 weeks post treatment
- Avoid IPL and laser for 4 weeks post treatment
- If you have any concerns post treatment, contact your therapist immediately